Soundcheck @ Santos Party House 10.2.09

|
Live from the MIA... I know people been looking for my next blog entry (100K) and I apologize for the delay

Well earlier in the month I had the pleasure of being invited to the latest Soundcheck event @ Santos. Shout out to the homie BreyKing. The main reason I went was to see my homegirl Overfab do her thing.

First of we had to see a couple of performances. 1st off we were blessed wit a couple of performances/randomness:
  • Rock/Rap band Anton Glam: Honestly for an event called Soundcheck this performance did not take advantage of the option of checking levels & volume before their set. To honestly make a decision on this group would be difficult since I could not make out what their lyrics were.
  • Next we were blessed with a producer by the name of Shatek. He played some of the hits he made for some major artists such as Cassidy, Fabolous, DMX, Joe Budden & up & coming rapper Vic Damone. Was good to put a face to the person who help make some of my fav joints through the years.
  • Next was a performance by Rockstar Society. This group knew how to play to the crowd especially the ladies but again the lyrics and overall song quality was lacking.
  • Next was a random ass fashion show by Kissed By Rain/Pink Elephant. I'm not even gonna comment.
Then came why I was there, my homegirl Overfab. This girl puts on a show. Skits, dancing (shout out to my homie Dana) and raps. If you check my previous blog (Death Of AARP) you know the girl goes in. Check the videos below:

Soundcheck Overfab 1 from rob fortune on Vimeo

Soundcheck Overfab 2 from rob fortune on Vimeo

SoundCheck Overfab 3 from rob fortune on Vimeo

Benefit plus I got to see my fav new group ShinobiNinja. This group has been on my mind since I seen them at out 1st FrshPulp event. Check the extra vids below to see what I mean...

SoundCheck-ShinobiNinja from rob fortune on Vimeo

SoundCheck-ShinobiNinja2 from rob fortune on Vimeo

So all in all was a good show, saw my homie rip it down, saw Shinobi rip it... Man good thing I'm going to be doing this more often... Stay tuned for my next endeavor...

0 comments: