Pride

|


Now as you must know this last Monday was Labor Day & on that day comes the all important West Indian Day Parade.

This year I really wasn't feeling it but my peoples kept talking bout it (Jay, 100k) so I went out there decked in my 4 Haitian flags.
I am so glad I got out my house to go with that beautiful weather we had but most importantly I was so proud when I saw my Haitian people.

Why was I so proud? Cuz I love being Haitian. When I tell people I am they are so surprised (maybe cuz I understand Creole better than I can speak it). Both my parents are from there while I was born here. I grew up in a time when Haitians were looked upon as dirt but I never let it affect me cuz I love who my family is.

As we came together on Monday and just vibed with each other as well as the other countries it just makes you forget all that's affecting you and warms your heart...



One day I wish to go back and do something worthwhile for my people cuz they struggling down there with no help from any other country (no oil, no money to support war) every year the island is ravaged by hurricanes & the people suffer through it with the most corrupt government established. But as for now just wanted to share a lil something about me.
Shouts out to all my Haitians ( Jen, Yannique Telly) my fam who check for my blog & whoever else got pride for theirs.... Love Ya!!

0 comments: