Making Strides

|



On Sunday October 18, 2009 @ Prospect Park West, 9th Street Bandshell I will be participating in the 2009 Making Strides of Brooklyn, NY Breast Cancer Walk ( Event Directions Event Map )

recently did the AIDS Walk in March and felt so honored that I could take part. I personally didn't know anyone with AIDS/HIV but participated an donated. This Breast Cancer walk is a lil different for me since someone very dear to me is suffering through this tremendous battle. It does not only affect the sufferer but everyone close to them. I see the pain that they and their immediate family goes through and I wish I could do more. This to me is something so simple to honor that person as well as help others who suffer from this disease.

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer is your opportunity to honor breast cancer survivors, remember people we have lost, and raise funds and awareness to help end this disease. Making Strides is not a race; it is a celebration of survivorship, and a time to share in the camaraderie of thousands of other people like you in a shared goal to end a disease that threatens the lives of so many people we love. There is no registration fee or minimum fundraising amount and people of all ages are welcome to participate. If you'd like to participate my good friend Jazmine set up a page (Jazmine's Personal Page) where you can sign up as well as donate. She states:


  • Dear Friends,
    I've signed up to walk in the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer and I’m hoping you’ll support me. There are a lot of breast cancer events out there, but I choose to support the American Cancer Society because funds raised through Making Strides find cures, help people stay well and get well from breast cancer, and empower all of us to fight back today. Together with the American Cancer Society, we can save lives!
    Every donation really does make a difference. I know that times are tighter than normal for many of us, but if you can spare even $5, that will help:


  1. More progress will be made toward finding breast cancer’s causes and cures. The American Cancer Society has played a role in nearly every major breast cancer breakthrough of the last century, which have led to the discovery of lifesaving breast cancer treatments like Tamoxifen and Herceptin. You will help us find more.

  2. More people in our community will have the information and tools they need to help prevent breast cancer or find it early.

  3. More people with breast cancer will have a place to turn around the clock to help them through every step of their cancer journey whether it’s a free ride to treatment, a place to stay, or just talking to someone who has "been there."

  4. More women like our mothers, daughters, sisters, and grandmothers will have access to lifesaving mammograms and treatment.

To support me in my efforts, please visit my personal page. If you’re going to be in town, I’d love for you to join my team and walk with me. If not, please make as generous a donation as you can.
Each of us has our own reasons for caring about the fight against breast cancer … whatever your reasons, I hope you’ll choose to make a difference, make history, and make strides with me.
Sincerely,
Jazmine Catuy

So hopefully I will see some of you there and we can finally do something on a weekend that doesn't involve drinking & smoking. Let's all try to make a difference for once...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob..So the plan is for me to walk with my aunt for Kings County Hospital.I wish I knew you were interested, I would've had you join her team.. But, it's all for the same cause...I hope people realize that every little bit helps towards this fight with this monstrous disease...Unfortunately, that person that is close to both of us who we will be walking for is dealing with it..But we also have to feel very proud that she is still here with us, and she will be proud to know that we are making the effort to show her our support of her and others as well...Neix...

New Money said...

Thats cool Neix... Yes we will be supporting our soldier and hopefully this positive energy we are putting out there will be a benefit to her. Will see you there even though I will be tired from my Mia/Atl excursion I will troop cuz nothing going on in my life is as bad as what others have to deal with... Thats why I am always upbeat