True Beauty

|


On Page 194 of Glamour's September issue, one photo of a near-naked woman has become a hot topic. All because of one little pot belly.
Plus-size model Lizzie Miller, in every other way a perfect specimen of humanity, is seen smiling broadly as her stomach hangs out over her underwear. (More At Glamour.com: Read About The Photo) Now most people, men & women, would be disgusted by this no? Within hours of hitting the stands, the magazine's switchboard lit up with calls from astonished and delighted readers. I myself when I first saw the pic was amazed that a Fashion magazine like Glamour who usually show unnecessarily skinny women on its pages all the time would publish this. I feel just like Ms Miller "I think this just shows how people are so hungry to see these kinds of images in magazines."

Whether you like it or not most women look like this, if not for the time they don't have to hit the gym or from the greatest gift they can give a man - having a baby. I myself have slept with women like this recently and was not disgusted. It comes with the territory & I enter that region repeatedly. Who wouldn't love a woman like Ciara or JLo or Halle Berry but it ain't gonna happen always. Those celebrities have expensive trainers & meal plans. You not gonna look like them no matter how many celebrity endorsed workout DVDs you buy. (You hear me Natalie)

Now some think Glamour is advocating obesity or unhealthiness but no cuz Miller is 5'11 & a sz 12-14. Far from obese or ugly. She is comfortable with her body which is the ultimate sexy. I cant tell you how many women walk the streets all day long afraid to be looked at and don't understand how beautiful they are. Think they gotta look like Paris Hilton or L. Lohan. Those chicks are beautiful in their own way as are woman who are short, tall, fat, skinny. No matter what you look like you have something worth giving and someone is out there for you & if not fuck it live your life.

I applaud this woman & hope that it opens the eyes of women & America. Like they say big girls need love too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's cool. She looks great. Some people may find it weird but as a female of petite stature I've dealt with my own battles of wanting to be "thicker" or more voluptuous. Body image spreads across the spectrum. If you're healthy it's all good. Now if you're deathly skinny and starving yourself or obese and about to give yourself a heart attack then thats when the problem arises!

New Money said...

I totally agree. Women arent the only ones with body issues. Being skinnier or thicker doesnt really have a value on the person you are. Healthy is the key word no matter what size you are.